Have you ever had a dish that keeps evolving over time as you make it over and over again? That’s my Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup recipe!!
I found a version of this recipe a really long time ago but it is a staple at our house. I’m 100% certain I never make it exactly the same way each time but that’s the fun of it!
I know it might feel weird that it’s summertime and I’m sharing a recipe for a soup but we eat soup all year around in the Grooms home. Enjoy!!
Italian Sausage Tortellini Soup
**Don’t ask for measurements, I do not have a clue.)
- Brown 1 package of mild Italian sausage.
- Add garlic and onions
- Add one can of diced tomatoes and one can of rotel tomatoes/chilis.
- Let it come to a boil and then simmer for a few min.
- Add in any veggies you’d like – this time I threw in chopped carrots, celery and mushrooms.
- Add your seasonings – Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper, salt/pepper.
- Add chicken broth.
- Add 1 block of cream cheese.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 30 min.
- Add tortellini and spinach until cooked (10ish min).
- Top it with some parm and you’re good to go. (shaved or shredded is best but the grated stuff is good too.)