One of my all time favorite things to eat is a good pasta salad. Whether it comes on the side of my sandwich for lunch or I end up eating the whole bowl for dinner, I love pasta salad. One day when I was making the typical boxed bacon and ranch pasta salad mix, I thought about all the things in my fridge and pantry that would be good in the salad and out came what I like to call “Casey’s Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad”. Enjoy!
Casey’s Kitchen Sink Pasta Salad
Grab pasta salad from the store and prepare according to box.
- Allow pasta salad mixture to chill for about an hour.
- Add one can of drained, rinsed black beans.
- Add one can of drained whole kernel corn.
- Add a bunch of halved cherry tomatoes.
- Add one can of green chilis with the juice.
- Add seasonings – salt/pepper, crushed red pepper
- Add shredded cheese and Parmesan cheese.
- Mix everything well and let chill for another hour.
**other things that would be good if you need to use up stuff in your fridge/pantry – shredded or thinly sliced carrots, celery, black olives, leftover chopped chicken, broccoli**